With the evolution of assisted reproductive science and the various new IVF techniques, we are now offering a much greater chances of success than that of normal conception.
At our initial appointment I shall give you an indication of the probability you have to conceive. This will vary between 5 – 55% per treatment cycle, depending on your particular circumstances and the recommended treatment. My main concern is the individualized diagnosis of the causes of infertility in order to directly set out the strategy of the proposed treatment based on the particular needs of each couple.
Your likelihood of success is influenced by:
- the age of both partners,
- the time you are trying to conceive,
- if one of the two partners has already become a parent in the past,
- the quality of eggs and spermatozoa, as determined by the specialized examinations you will undertake,
- the response to any previous treatment for infertility,
After your first appointment you will know:
- What specialist I will recommend you to consult in order to address the problem
- Why do I recommend them to you?
- What the next step will be
My goal is that you become parents as soon as possible!
You are also welcome to attend free fertility information sessions with our midwives in the MITERA IVF Unit (MEY DAY)