Dr GEORGE IOANNIDIS, MD, BSCCP, DFFP
CONSULTANT OBSTETRICIAN & GYNAECOLOGIST
FERTILITY AND IVF SPECIALIST
Director GONIMOTIS Reproductive Centre
Scientific Director MITERA Hospital IVF Unit
Member of the Scientific Council MITERA Hospital
Elected member of European Academy of Sciences
SPECIALIZED IN ASSISTED REPRODUCTION AND LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY
Dr. Georgios Ioannidis is an Obstetrician Gynaecologist specializing in the investigation of infertility, assisted reproduction and laparoscopic – hysteroscopic surgery.
Dr George Ioannidis was born in Athens and graduated from the Medical School of Athens in 1994.
- From 1994 till 1996 he started his specialty in General Surgery in Athens, Greece.
- From 1996 till 1998 he served as a medical officer in the Greek army, working mainly in General surgery.
- In 1998 he moved to the United Kingdom where he started his specialty in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and subspecialty in assisted reproduction and minimal access gynaecology.
- From 1998 to 2000 he worked as a Senior House Officer in Obstetrics and Gynaecology based at the King’s College University Hospital in London.
- From 2000 to 2002 he worked as a Specialist Registrar in Obstetrics and Gynaecology getting a South East Thames rotation based again at the King’s College University Hospital in London.
- In 2002 he acquired his European Certificate for Specialist Training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology after passing the required exams.
- From 2002 to 2004 he sub-specialized in IVF and assisting reproduction at the famous Hammersmith University Hospital IVF Unit in London, having been shortlisted and interviewed by Professor Lord R Winston. During that period, he did his research in the use of progesterone in IVF and published his paper in Human Reproduction as the leading author which has been highly citated.
- From 2004 to 2005 he sub-specialized in Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Surgery in Ulleval University Hospital in Oslo, Norway.
- In 2005 upon his return from the U.K and Norway he joined MITERA Maternity Hospital in Athens, Greece where he practices Obstetrics and Gynaecology with a special interest in Laparoscopic Surgery and In Vitro Fertilization until now.
- Since 2005 he has had his own private practice in Athens, “Gonimotis” Gynaecology Centre.
- From 2005 to 2017 he worked as a Reproductive Gynaecologist at MITERA Hospital IVF unit. He was Scientific Director of the IVF unit between 2012 to 2013 and 2015 to 2017.
- From 2017 – 2019 MITERA IVF and Dr. Ioannidis joined the famous Institute of Life Fertility Specialist Group at the Institute of Life MITERA IVF unit. Dr. Ioannidis was the deputy Scientific Director of the IVF unit.
- From July 2020, Dr. Ioannidis has the honour to be Scientific Director of MITERA Hospital IVF unit. MITERA IVF is located in MITERA Maternity Hospital and is amongst the most advanced IVF centers in Greece and one of the most modern in Europe.
- From July 2021, Dr. Ioannidis has been appointed as a Member of the Scientific Council MITERA Hospital
- Dr. Ioannidis is a member of several scientific and professional societies including the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) and the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM).
New IVF clinic at MITERA hospital
Dr. Georgios Ioannidis, Consultant Reproductive Gynaecologist and his team at GONIMOTIS Reproductive Centre welcome the new and innovative MHTERA Hospital IVF Unit.
He has the honour to be the Scientific Director of MITERA IVF Unit.